The Balearic Islands are a stunning, one of a kind archipelago of Spain located in the western Mediterranean Sea. Consisting of four stunning sister islands – Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca and Formentera – the Balearics provide visitors with great weather year-round, hospitable people, scenic beaches, amazing coastlines and the Serra de Tramuntana mountains. The Balearic Islands are a must-visit destination if you are chartering through Spain.
Top Attractions in The Balearic Islands
- Mallorca: This is the largest island in the Balearics and home to some of the most famous beaches.This island contains a Gothic cathedral, an old quarter and it includes the clubbing towns of Magaluf and Palma Nova. Mallorca is famous for hiking, bicycling and mountain biking because of its raw and untouched beauty. We offer day charters or multiple day charters to Mallorca from Ibiza.
- Menorca: If you want a laid-back and less crowded atmosphere, then come to Menorca. It has beautiful beaches, blue inlets and rolling hills. You will get a dose of the Balearic culture here as well as stunning oceanic views. Explore the picturesque port of Ciutadella, its old town, shops and great restaurants. If you are planning a charter from Ibiza, this is one of the best islands to start with.
- Ibiza: This is known as the Balearics’ party island. Ibiza boasts its’ many beach clubs, bars and restaurants. If you are a night/ day club enthusiast and enjoy creating memories with loved ones, visit Playa d’enBossa on the east of Ibiza and San Antonio on the west. Its hidden sandy beaches are perfect for people looking for a low-key place to relax. The popular resorts of Ibiza are Port de Sant Miquel, Cas Mallorqui and Cala de SantVicent. It is the most accessible island because of its’ international airport, Aeroportd’ Eivissa.
- Formentera: If you are in Ibiza, we highly recommend Formentera, as it lies only 6km south of Ibiza. While Ibiza has an earthy yet modern vibe, Formentera offers more of a secluded and exclusive feel. You will see Caribbean-like white sandy beaches here and crystal clear blue waters for miles. Unfortunately there isn’t an airport on this island but fortunately we offer day charters from Ibiza to Formentera to explore this stunning island.
Best Beaches Restaurants and Hotels in The Balearics
Beaches: The Balearics have 375 recognized beaches and contain everything from hidden coves, luxury resort beaches to beaches known for leisure and relaxation. The pure sand, cobalt blue waters, clear skies, stunning weather and wonderful beaches make the Balearics a premier beach vacation destination.
- Formentera Beaches: Pujols Beach has white sand and clear waters, making it ideal for family beach-goers and water sports alike. Llevant Beach is perfect for sunbathers and water sport enthusiasts. While Illetes Beach provides stunning oceanic views of the sea and Ibiza.
- Ibiza Beaches: Cala Jondal is popular amongst celebrities from movies, sports and music. It is home to the famous Blue Marlin Beach Club, where you can enjoy cocktails, phenomenal music and dancing. Cala D’Hortbeach is appropriate for sunbathers and snorkelers because of its light current. Ses Salinesis another top beach and offers beautiful views, great food and so much more. Other top beaches include but are not limited to Talamanca, Cala Xuclá, Sa Caleta, Cala Benirras, Platja de Comte, Cala Saladeta and Cala Salada.
- Menorca Beaches: Cala Macarelleta boast of its’ coastal pine trees, crystal clear waters, cliffs and pristine sandy beaches. Cala Macarella is its’ neighbouring beach with restaurants and other water sport amenities. Calas Mitjana and Mitjaneta are two gorgeous beaches that are known for its secluded beachfronts and peaceful atmosphere. Other magnificent beaches in Menorca are Cala Galdana, Son Saura, Cala Pregonda, Cala Turqueta, Cala Trebalúger, Cala Escorxada, Playa de Binigaus and Playa de Cavalleria
- Mallorca Beaches: There are 200 beaches in Mallorca, with over 30 designated as Blue Flag beaches. Cala Formentor is a popular beach with great beach amenities, lush greenery and stunning coastal pine trees. For swimming, paddle boarding and jet skiing, head to Portals Nous Beach. Top family beaches here include Playa d'Alcudia Beach, Playa de Muro Beach, Port de Pollença Beach, Palma Nova Beach, Sant Elm Beach, Cala Mesquida, Cala Verques, Cala Pi, Cala Deià and Niki Beach.
Hotels: From boutique hotels to the most luxurious ones, there are many resorts in Palma de Mallorca that can cater to your special vacation needs including but not limited to Cap Rocat, Predi Son Jaumell, Es Princep, Hotel Gloria de Sant Jaume, Summum Prime Boutique Hotel, Boutique Hotel Sant Jaume, Castillo Hotel Son Vida and Convent de la Mission. If you would like to stay in Ibiza during your charter vacation, consider one of these hotels Sir Joan Hotel, Gran Hotel Montesol Ibiza and Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila. Stay in the best accommodations during your vacation in Majorca. Hotels you can check out here include Inturotel Cala Esmeralda, Hotel Negresco and Riu Palace Bonanza Playa and Spa. These five-star hotels are popular among tourists in Formentera, Hotel Sabina Playa, Rocabella, Pino Playa Suites and Es Pi 2.
Restaurants: Some of the popular dishes that you can try while vacationing here include fried Mallorcan fish, lobster stew, Panadera, Trunyelles, Freixurat, Sobrassades, Botifarróblanc port sausages and goats cheese with herbs. For a fine dining experience in Mallorca, do visit Convent de la Missió, Zaranda, Forn de Sant Joan, Verico, Maniman and Salvia Restaurant. For tasting local cuisine with a fine dining atmosphere in Ibiza, try 45 Millas, Can BerriVell and Sabores Ibiza. Local cuisine restaurants in Menorca include Can Tanu, Ca Na Marga and Cafe del Nord while fine dining restaurants are Puig de sa Roca, Es Moli De Foc, Pan y Vino and Smoix. Beso Beach Ibiza, Bocasalina, Caterina Formentera and Es Calo Restaurant are popular among tourists in Formentera.
Top Things To Do in and around the Balearic Islands
- Adventure and Watersports: All the four provinces of the Balearic’ islands offer the best selection in water sport activities. From bicycling, trekking, windsurfing, paddle boarding, parasailing, kayaking to snorkelling, you will not miss anything here. For all the adrenaline junkies, the best beaches for water sports are the following Port d’Alcudia, Port de Pollença, Cala d’Or, Cala Nova, Magaluf and Colonia de Sant Jordi among others.
- Beach Clubbing: Whether you are a club enthusiast or you just love to explore new places, you must experience the beach clubs of the Balearic Islands. Top known beach clubs are Nikki Beach Club, Beach Club Gran, Oceans Beach Club, Puro beach Illetas, Mhares Sea Club, Cotton Beach Club Ibiza, Ponderosa Beach Club, Martinelli Beach Club, Amante Ibiza, Font de Sa Cala, Nassau Beach Club and Restaurante Beach Club.
- Historical and Iconic Places: Top tourist locations include the following; Venue Palau Reial de l'Almudaina, Museum Es Baluard Museud' Art Modern iContemporani de Palma, Tower Verger and Museum Can'Alluny and Casa Museo de Robert Graves in Mallorca. Also for the nature lovers, visit the caves of Porto Cristo, e Cova de Can Marçà and Cova des Coloms. There are two museums, one lighthouse and one church to explore in Ibiza, so don't miss them. Formentera is known for live archaeology, Posidonia, open countryside, its’ natural protected area, Flamingo marches, red island and so much more. Check out castles like Castell de Bellver, Castillo de Santueri, Castell d Alaro, Fortaleza De Isabel II. Famous architectural buildings in the Balearics consist of Mercat Municipal de Ciutadella Placa de la Llibertat, Iglesia de Sant Bartomeu, Santuari de Cura and Sa Llotja. The water parks in these islands are as follows; Aqualand El Arenal Day Trip from Palma de Mallorca, Timanfaya National Park and La Geria, Splash Waterpark in Menorca and Hidropark Alcudia in Mallorca.
From the picture perfect beaches of Mallorca, archaeological wonders of Menorca, boho-chic atmosphere of Formentera, to the clubbing capital of Ibiza, the Balearic Islands are amongst the top island destination of the world. The islands are home to excellent history, local produce, festivals, rich culture, tasty cuisines and wide variety of activities to keep visitors on their’ toes. So if you are planning a trip to Ibiza, don't miss out these highly talked about sites in the Balearic Islands. You can charter your own private yacht from Ibiza to Formentera, Mallorca, or Menorca and explore them at your own pace and time. At Yachts Ibiza Charters, we provide a 5 star experience as well as private charters through the Balearic Islands to make your vacation, one you will never forget. Look through our vessel options in the OUR FLEET tab. To contact one of our charter experts or to plan your charter, simply click on Contact Us here.