Playa Es Canar (also known as Es Cana, Es Canar or Platja De Es Canar) is a 200m long, fine sandy beach, located 5km away from Santa Eularia. Situated on the east coast of Ibiza, the beach extends from Cala Nova to Punta Arabi. It has a small port for boats, numerous bars, countless restaurants and great water sports facilities, making it the best family destination for Ibizan vacationers. Sun-filled skies, pine-fringed coasts, golden sands, pristine waters and a friendly atmosphere – Playa es Canar has everything a traveller would wish to have in their vacation.
Playa Es Canar – Beach Facts
- In 2003, Playa es Canar was awarded the blue flag for being a clean and an eco-friendly beach.
- The beach is conveniently located close to Santa Eulalia, Ibiza Town and Formentera. This beautiful family-oriented beach, is just a quick day charter away.
- Es Canar is home to the popular “Hippy” Market Punta Arabí, it fills this location with lively music every Wednesday. You can buy jewelry, clothes and handcrafted items here.
- Soft sand and shallow water make this beach ideal for kids to enjoy while you relax and sunbathe the day away.
Top Hotels and Restaurants in Playa es Canar
Hotels and Villas: Some of the hotels, we recommend our clients to stay while their visit to Playa De's Canar’s beach include Es Caná, azuLine Hotel Atlantic, Invisa Hotel Ereso, Intertur Hotel Ibiza, Caribe Hotel and azuLine Hotel Coral Beach. If you are planning to rent an apartment near Es Cana beach, you can try Jacaranda Apartments, Playa Es Caná Apartments, Sandic Apartments and Art Apartments. Santa Eulalia is just 5km away from the beach and it has plenty of options for your vacation. You can check out some of the villa options - Country finca Santa Eulalia, Cana Marina, Country Villa Santa Eulalia, Luxury villa Morna Valley and Country villa San Lorenzo de Balafia.
Restaurants: From risottos, fish croquettes, fantastic tapas to seafood paella, you will find a delicious dining experience here in Playa es Canar. Some of the top restaurants are Mar Bella, Las Arenas Restaurant, Carrettino Sicilliano, Rio's Bar, Charlie's, Jacaranda Lounge, The Red Lion, Bar Apache, Bar 2TT, Mel de magraneta Ibiza, Restaurante Marvent, La Finca Can Suldat, Freddy & julies english bar, Restaurante Miranda, Sa Brisa Restaurante Ibiza, Hana Restaurant & Cafe Concert, Vermuteria Ajo Blanco, El bistro de Stephan, Tapas Restaurant & Lounge Bar and Restaurante Sa Finca.
Top Things to Do in Playa Es Canar
From lively bars, to trendy lounge areas, Es Canar offers a great choice of restaurants and hotels for tourists. The restaurants, bars and lounges serve varieties of cocktails, beers and spirits with a variety of musical entertainment. Listed below are some options, you can do during your one-day charter to Playa es Canar.
- Sunbathing: Ibiza is known for clubbing but you can come to Canar beach for a day of relaxation. Rent a lounge chair and umbrella to sunbathe and enjoy the soothing sound of the ocean.
- Kayaking: A majority of yachts provide kayaks along with the charter. Es Canar is one of the most beautiful areas to kayak. Kayak sunset excursions are also popular for tourists who love to catch a glimpse of the gorgeous Ibiza sun in the evening.
- Diving and Snorkeling: There many secluded coves where you can discover the marine life of Ibiza. Swim with a seabob and try flyboarding with the help of an instructor.
- Beach Strolling: Go for a morning or evening walk down the beach or walk to another nearby beach like sa Galera or Illa des Canar.
- Other Things: If you are done with relaxing or enjoying the wide range of water sport options, we highly recommend chartering to the secret coves near Playa es Canar. Enjoy parasailing, windsurfing, paddle board tours in this gorgeous corner of Ibiza.
Nearby Places to Visit
Cala Nova Beach: It is Ibiza's surfing spot. It is a wide, curvy beach with shallow waters, perfect for both novice and experienced surfers. After a long day in the sun, you can try fresh sardines or Mediterranean-inspired foods at Restaurant Aiyanna here.
Cala Martina: Located at the southern end of Playa es Canar. It is a sheltered beach with great water sports facilities. We recommend you to try delicious dishes at Cala Martina Restaurant and Chirincana Beach Bar.
Ibiza Town: This place offers sheer diversity when it comes to activities and different travel styles. Old Town and Marina Botafoch is well known for its’ famous bars and restaurants. It has high-end shops and boutiques which attract the international travelling crowd.
Santa Eularia: It is famous among families and those looking for a relaxing vacation. Known as Ibiza's cuisine and cultural center, Santa Eularia offers a range of restaurants, shopping and art galleries to explore and enjoy.
If you want to visit this stunning and beautiful beach during your Ibiza vacation, then book your charter with us today. At Yachts Ibiza Charters, we provide all-inclusive charters to help our guests enjoy a memorable trip to the destination they want. Whether you want to go diving, swimming, or just relaxing in Playa es Canar, our luxury yachts are fully equipped to cater to your needs. You can check out our luxury vessel collection and click here to contact our charter specialist to book your excursion to Es Canar.