A widely known beach town which consists of a large harbour, 20th-century tourist and resort architecture, family-friendly beaches, laid-back lifestyle, a world famous party scene and so much more. Yes, we are talking about Santa Eulària des Riu (Spanish Santa Eulalia del Río)! It is a spectacular coastal town on the south-eastern sideof Ibiza. Located 9.3 miles north-east of Ibiza Town and 13.6 miles from the Ibiza Airport, Santa Eularia is a self-proclaimed travel destination. Whatever interests you, from hotels, bars, beaches, water sports, shopping, kids’ activities, to wellness centers– it has everything. This place has a very relaxed atmosphere as compared to its neighbors – Ibiza Town and San Antonio which is great for both families and singles alike.
Top Sights in Santa Eularia des Riu
- Puig de Missa: Check out this 16th-century church to experience its stunning surroundings of Santa Eularia. Built in 1568 on a hilltop, the church is dedicated to Saint Eularia. Featuring a grandiose porch which contains multiple pillars, rounded arches and the Moorish style of architecture.
- Cala Pada: Located 3km from Santa Eularia, it has fine white sand and shallow transparent water. You will find café style restaurants and water sports in and around the beach to make your beach stay relaxing and comfortable.
- Museu Etnogràfic: This is the only ethnography museum of Santa Eularia. You can find the rural heritage of Ibiza in this museum, plus other exhibits like locally made jewelry, wedding dress, wine cellar, olive-oil press, etc. Another museum option is Can Planetes, It is located 600m northwest of Puig de Missa.
- Plaçad’ Espanya: It is the city's central palm-studded square, featuring many restaurants, the main town hall, tons of shopping and more local hotspots.
- Passeig de s’Alamera: It is the main boulevard of Santa Eularia, lined with beautiful trees and cafes. You will find dozens of local retailers selling jewelry, clothing, artwork and other one of-a-kind goods.
Top Beaches, Hotels and Restaurants
Best Beaches: Santa Eularia has 46km of swimmable coastline where you can enjoy the beautiful beach your own way. There are beaches that accommodate and attract solo-travellers, families, water sport fanatics, beach clubs and even people who fancy themselves as fishermen. With 300 days of sunshine a year, this place is perfect for the beach activity of your choice.
- Cala Llenya: Located 10km from Santa Eularia, it is a beautiful beach with leisure and sporting options. Most common options consist of sailing, snorkelling and numerous excursions.
- Cala Boix: Located 11.5km away from Santa Eularia, this is a tranquil beach with peaceful surrounding, local cuisine and amazing landscapes.
- Cala Llonga: It is a family and tourist-oriented beach where you can take part in a range of water activities. It is located in a small bay and surrounded by scenic, mountain tops and pine trees.
- Cala Martina: This beach is popular amongst the local surfers and is known for its’ favourable tide. You can also enjoy sailing, windsurfing, scuba diving and snorkelling here.
- Cala Mestella: This small beach has great seascapes and marine life which makes for a stunning snorkelling locale.
- Cala Nova: For all of our Windsurfing lovers, we recommend this beach because of its’ large rocky outcrops. If you just want to relax, then grab your towel or one of the sunbeds to enjoy its uniquely charming landscape.
- Es Figueral: This is known for its scenic view of fig-trees. This beach offers a range of nautical activities and a number of tourist attractions like popular restaurants, local shopping and again, a beautiful beachfront to enjoy.
- Es Caló de s'Alga: This beach features steep cliffs and extensive pine groves which makes for a stunning locale for relaxing and soaking in the unique scenery.
- Other beaches: The list goes on with stunning beaches in Santa Eularia that include but are not limited to the following; Cala Pada, Cala Olivera, Es NiuBlau,Es Pou des Lleó, S’Aigua Blanca, S’Argamassa, S’Estanyol and Es Canar.
Best Hotels: There are plenty of phenomenal hotels in Santa Eularia to choose from quaint beach style bungalows to elegant 5-star hotels. Two of the renowned hotels include the modern Ibiza Hotel and the luxurious Sol Beach House. There is always the option to rent a villa or apartment for a more exclusive feel.
Best Restaurants: Santa Eulariais a blend of unique culinary styles inspired by the Mediterranean, Japanese, Ibicenco, Peruvian, Indian, Italian, Mexican, Belgian as well as traditional seafood. Santa Eularia has over 250 restaurants featuring a wide range of cuisines. Some of our client’s favourite restaurants in which feature spectacular views include, Restaurante Sa Finca, San Martino, Caos Ibiza, O Galego, Somiart, Babylon Beach Bar, Cafe Sydney, Ca Na Ribes, Nikki Beach Ibiza, El Naranjo, El Corsario Negro, PuraVida, Restaurante Marvent and Can Xarc.
Top Things to Do in Santa Eulària des Riu
Santa Eularia is a place to unwind from your routine life and soak in paradise. This one of a kind beach town allows tourists and locals to enjoy a wide variety of activities both on land and at sea.
- Water Skiing, Jet Skiing and The Ski Bus: If you are an adrenaline junkie, this activity is for you and the best beaches for you to partake in it are Cala Llonga, Es Canar, S’Argamassa, Cala Martina and Cala Llenya.
- Diving and Snorkelling: If diving or snorkelling is your favourite past time, then go to Tagomago Island for the marine experience of a lifetime. Our wide range of yachts, offer snorkelling equipment as well as diving equipment as an upgrade.
- Parasailing, Surfing and Kayaking: These activities are a must for family outings and allow you to enjoy the turquoise and transparent waters in and around Santa Eularia.
- Event Venues: Theatres and outdoor arenas allow guests to experience Santa Eularia’s cultural richness. A couple interesting venues (to list a few) are TeatroEspaña, Jesús and Puigd’en Valls as well as the Carrer Sant Jaume Exhibition Gallery and the Palacio de Congresos de Ibiza. These venues allow you to enjoy plays, sonnets, theatrical shows and bands in the way that best suites your personality.
- Shops: Get closer to the artisan of Santa Eularia and take home some beautiful memories in the form of one of a kind, artworks. Numerous small shops and boutiques are housed in the church square of Santa Gertrudis. Explore the daily markets in Cala Llonga, Santa Gertrudis and Santa Eulària in which you can buy hand made crafts, clothes, jewellery, food products, musical instruments, accessories, cosmetics, leatherwork, decorative items and much more.
- Hike route nº2 and route nº5: Walk through rural landscapes that surround Puigd’ Atzaró hill. The hike through route no. 2 takes approximately 3.5 hours to complete and allows you to see Font de Perella and Font d’Atzaró. You can take a 2.5-hour cycling tour of the 11 beaches, including Santa Eulària beach, Cala de Boix, Pou des Lleó, Cala Pada, Cala Martina, Es Figueral, Cala Llenya, Cala Mestella, Aigües Blanques, Es Canar and Cala Nova.
- Nightlife: This town is really vivacious at night. Our captains and crew keep a mental inventory of the well talked about tourist hotspots. Also, if you want to take a leisurely stroll down the beach you can easily find great bars and lounges as well as enjoy live music and DJs.
Santa Eularia is just one of the amazing locations we can take you to when you charter with us. Click here to view our luxury yacht fleet or directly contact one of our charter experts to book your private luxury charter today.