Ibiza is one of the most popular islands of the Balearic archipelago, it has some fabulous beaches and many varied diving sites along the coast. From vast caves, cracks, steep drop-offs, to the famous Don Pedro wreckage, you can expect to find all sorts unique diving sites in Ibiza.
Best Snorkeling Sites
- Aguas Blancas: The rocky outcrops and excellent environment make snorkeling fun here.
- Cala Conta: It is surrounded by rocks and a natural swimming pool – which are perfect for snorkeling.
- Cala Salada: Located north of San Antonio, it is brimming with many sea creatures.
- Cala Xarraca: Its’ rocky seabed and rough coastline are a treasure trove for snorkelers.
- S'Estanyol: There are fishermen huts to the right of this beach which feature a diverse range of marine species.
Best Diving Sites
- Es Payaret: It is a favorite dive spot for tourists as you can spot Damselfish, Sergeant Majors and eels here.
- Don Pedro: This shipwreck sits 26m below the water. Explore its propeller, wheels and the interior of the shipwreck.
- Fish Factory: It is a sunken fish factory in Formentera (also called La Plataforma). Expect to meet one or two dolphins while exploring this location.
- Dado Pequeno: Featuring a rock that sank, it has excellent marine fauna and flora.
- The Lighthouse: This is a sunken lighthouse which in its’ pastime, used to alert ships about the shallow reef.
- La Cueva de La Luz (Cave of Light): There is a huge underwater cave you can explore.
- Mariana Platform: It is the most requested dive site as it contains numerous underwater species which makes for a perfect place for photographers.
- Lladó Sur and Sponge Island: Lladó is ideal for all types of divers. In Sponge Island, you will get to see scorpions, anemones, cicadas and sponges.
- Other Dive Sites: Lladó North, South malvin, Malvin North, Cathedral, Llosa Santa Eulalia, Es Vedra, The Arc, Prima Point, Punta Rasa caves, It's Banc, Punta Gavina, Under Cap Llentrisca and Llosa de Es Figueral among others.
Diving or Snorkling Conditions in Ibiza
Any day is the best day to dive or snorkel in Ibiza. With transparent waters and calm nature, the underwater visibility in Ibiza is exceptional. You can clearly view below 30 to 50 meters. The clear water of Ibiza offers optimal conditions for snorkeling and diving in the summer months.
Fauna That You Will Find in Ibiza
Some of the marine animals that you can expect to encounter during your diving excursion include grouper, barracudas, sars, barracudas, mostelles, bream, eels, octopus, snakes, nudibranch, sargo, cuttlefish, dolphins, loggerhead turtle, sponges, algae, gorgonians, lobster and bushes of Posidonia.
What You Will Get With Our Diving Yacht Charters
At Yachts Ibiza Charters, we have years of experience in helping diving enthusiasts explore the underwater world of Ibiza. We have a wide range of luxury yachts and boats that are suitable for snorkeling and scuba diving. We have PADI CDC certified divers for all levels of divers. From first-timers to advanced divers, our highly qualified diving experts can teach you about the above-listed dive sites in your preferred language and can help you explore the secrets these sites have in store for you. With our crewed charters, you will get snorkeling and diving equipment, snacks, an instructor, skipper and staff for your personalized service. Other services can be customized as per your vacation needs and personal preferences because we want to make your diving excursion a memorable one.
So what are you waiting for? Book your private yacht charter for snorkeling and scuba diving in Ibiza with us. We can guarantee you the best spots, best experience and best prices for your diving excursion. Contact us here to talk to our charter specialist.