Playa S'Estanyol is a relaxing beach located on the east side of Ibiza. This stunning, quiet and unspoiled beach is under the municipality of Santa Eulària des Riu. Its rocky shoreline, rustic boathouses and calm waters attract snorkelers, sunbathers and peace seekers alike. Playa S'Estanyol is one of the many beach towns located on the bay of San Antonio. This off-the-beaten path, gem is somewhat located close to Ibiza Town. If you are planning to charter Ibiza, this is a must-visit destination. Check out below what Playa S'Estanyol has in store for you.
Beach Facts - Playa S'Estanyol
- This small cove is surrounded by rocky cliffs and green foliage. It has a shallow rocky seabed with hidden underwater caves.
- There is a wooden pier for swimmers to walk to the ocean so that they don't hurt their feet while walking on the rocky shoreline which is made of irregular, sharp rocks.
- This hidden beach is secluded and that's why it is quite popular amongst celebrities and international visitors.
- Playa S'Estanyol is located close to the Torrent de Sa Font. S'Estanyol means small pond, it has been given that name because at one point, the water from a nearby current accumulated here and formed a wetland.
- The beach hosts many parties for its visitors like OTT Swedish House Mafia extravaganzas, live concerts and after-parties.
- There is another beach with the same name - Playa S'Estanyol. Don’t confuse the small cove of S'Estanyol with this beach. This beach is large and easily accessible with three distinct beaches that are separated by rocks, hotels and roads. The first section of this beach is located opposite to the Lizard Bar. It sits adjacent to EsPouet Beach and has all the amenities like restaurants, bars, water sports facilities, sun lounge chairs, showers and more. If you are sunbathing and enjoying this first section of S'Estanyol beach, you will have to access the EsPueto restaurant in order to reach that section. This section has soft sands, is free of rocks and has beautiful clear waters which make it a perfect environment for snorkelers and swimmers. Section 2 of S'Estanyol sits to the left of the first section. It is a crescent-shaped cove with greenery at the end of the beach (where it meets the road). With sandy bottoms and shallow depth, the water is perfect for relaxing. Located at the back of the beach is Sa Flama restaurant where you can enjoy your evening, along with delicious cuisine and a magnificent sunset. Section 3 of Playa S'Estanyol features three big hotels, including San Remo, The Tagomago and Hotel S'Estanyol. Guests at these hotels enjoy their own private beach. This beach is the busiest of all three and has all the popular water sports facilities.
Cala Bonita – The Only Restaurant in Playa S'Estanyol
This elegant yet rustic space features a restaurant, a bar and excellent cocktails. You will find Mediterranean dishes here with interesting twists. The restaurant provides sun loungers, parasols and umbrellas for sunbathers. It also has a DJ booth, so you can hear modern Balearic or house music while swimming, eating, drinking, or enjoy the beach.
Top Hotels and Villas near the S'Estanyol Area
If you are looking to stay near this popular beach, you can choose one of these hotels - Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, Hotel Playasol, The New Algarb, Hotel Nautico Ebeso, Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum, Els Pins Resort and Spa, Axel Beach Ibiza Spa & Beach Club, Ibiza Corso Hotel & Spa and Hotel Torre Del Mar among many others. Three top villas that you can rent during your vacation are Wild Beets, Wi-Ki-Woo and Villa Vita.
What You Can Do in Playa S'Estanyol
- Swimming and Sunbathing: Although it has a rocky coastline, you can swim out and enjoy the tranquillity of the warm tropical water of S'Estanyol. When you are tired of swimming, rent a sun chair and work on your tan under the blissful sun.
- Snorkeling: The water of Playa S'Estanyol is crystal clear and the perfect temperature. You can look for marine life in its’ hidden rocky caves or just snorkel around the rocky shore.
- Paddleboarding: Try your paddling skills on the calm waters of S'Estanyol.
Top Places Near Playa S'Estanyol
Jesús Village: Nostra Senyora de Jesús is a small village on the northern side of the Ibizan island. It features the oldest church on the island, several small shops and amazing restaurants. There are two housing developments located at the top of the hillside named the Can Pep Simóestate.
Talamanca: This gorgeously beautiful sandy beach has no towering hotels, making it the ideal place for relaxing and sunbathing. The beach is quite big, so you can easily find your own spot.
Ibiza Town: The capital city of Ibiza has everything that you want on your perfect vacation – hotels, restaurants, beach clubs, bars and night clubs. There are art galleries, history museums, high-fashion boutiques and the famous Dalt Vila hill.
Playa S'Estanyol is highly under ratedand we definitely recommend you chartering there aboard one of our luxury yachts. Here, you can experience its beautiful nature, tranquillity and stunning locale. Whether you want to stay in Ibiza Town, San Antonio, or nearby locations, reaching here aboard your private and luxurious yacht charter is easy and convenient. From peaceful relaxation to non-stop adventurous activities, Yachts Ibiza Charters can help you enjoy your vacation to the fullest. Contact us to find the right vessel for your Playa S'Estanyol beach vacation.